Swagbucks.com is my favorite site to earn extra cash online. Basically, you use the Swagbucks search engine instead of Google or Bing (or whichever bandwagon you've chosen to jump on). On random searches you will earn "swagbucks." These bucks can be added up and redeemed for things like Amazon gift cards.
You can do a lot more than just search too. You can take surveys, watch videos, and participate in special offers--All for points. Their website can be overwhelming, but if you know how to navigate it, and what options are worth your time, then you can make some easy money. I usually just stick to searching. The search engine on Swagbucks is not quite as clean as Google or Bing. (This is where I hear 99% of complaints against Swagbucks.) However, once you get used to it, it's super easy. It's absolutely FREE and you can make money. Hello! Definitely worth the 3 seconds of extra time.
I've easily earned a few hundred dollars from this site and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future. It's definitely not 'quit your day job money', but it can help save up for buying textbooks, birthday and Christmas gifts, etc.
Here are some tips that I've found helpful.
- Set Swagbucks.com as your Homepage. This will encourage you to use Swagbucks for all sites you open (even your bookmarked ones). Search for everything that you always open anyway (gmail, facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Set Swagbucks.com as your Default Search Engine. That way you won't accidentally use another search engine out of habit. Some browsers will allow you to change the settings on your computer to set Swagbucks as the default.
- Search on Friday. Swagbucks awards extra swagbucks on Fridays!
- Buy Low. Depending on what you want to redeem your points for, its usually cheaper to buy more for less. Like the 10 of the $5 Amazon gift cards instead of 1 of the $50. There is a limit to the number of like cards you can get in a month, but it you have the patience, go small!
- Set It and Forget It! Constantly monitoring your swagbuck balance will probably make you crazy. However, if you just use it like you would a normal search engine (wait a few months) and you're on your way to a new crockpot, pair of heels, or baseball glove for little timmy's birthday.
Ready to get started? Click here to join. You'll be glad you did.