Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

 We like ranch at our house. Like a lot. A few years ago we discovered the BYU Creamery ranch dressing. I immediately fell in love. It's just a great buttermilk ranch that has that perfect ranch taste. There is one flaw to BYU's ranch offering. It costs a ton. However, I will pay for it.. Every. Single. Time. I will no longer eat our former ranch (Hidden Valley). I would rather go without.

Now that you have some background on our ranch tastes and consumption, I am going to share an awesome recipe that I found on Pinterest via The Crafty Blog Stalker.

easy and delicious buttermilk ranch recipe

BYU Creamery Ranch Dressing Recipe
There are two parts to the recipe: the ranch seasoning mix and the liquid base.

Ranch Seasoning Mix
combine the following:
  1. Black Pepper 1/4 Cup
  2. Parsley Flakes 1 1/2 Cup
  3. Galic Salt 1/2 Cup
  4. Kosher Salt 2 Tablespoons
  5. Granulated Garlic 1/4 Cup
  6. Granulated Onion 3/4 Cup
  7. Dill Weed 2 Tablespoons
I mixed all the above ingredients together and put them in two (shorter) mason jars. This recipe makes quite a bit. The mix should last you for a while, which makes it even easier to make next time! And a great tip from Katie is to get all of these seasonings at WinCo. You can get exactly as much as you need and it's way cheaper than buying full bottles of everything at the grocery store! I think she said she spent $2.50 on all of her spices and I was like "ya right, Katie." But she was absolutely right! I think I came in just under $2.50!

Liquid base:
1 Tablespoon of seasoning mix
1 Cup mayonnaise
1 Cup buttermilk
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

I halved the recipe on the Crafty Blog Stalker blog just because I don't have a place to store a huge container in our tiny fridge. But you can definitely double and probably even triple this recipe for big groups or families. We use this ranch for everything! You can also easily turn this into a tomatillo ranch for Costa Vida/Cafe Rio salads by adding the following:

Tomatillo Ranch Add-ons
1-2 tomatillos
1/4 bunch of fresh cilantro
Little bit of lime juice

Stick it all in the blender for a few seconds, and you're all set! So good!

Anybody going to try this recipe out? Let me know how it goes! I promise you will not regret it.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...